Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Elise the Violinist

The First Grade at Rose Creek Elementary had a "Talent Show" last Wed. the 25th. Macy and Isaak and I went to watch. Most of the acts were lacking in what you call "talent", but I guess it's good that the kids were brave enough to get up in front of a crowd. There were multiple short piano numbers, a few good singers, a couple of silly joke tellers, a rope climber (we watched a video of him climbing a rope attached to a 25 ft swingset), and a couple of dancers. Elise was the only violinist. She was the 2nd to last person to perform at the end of the hour long show. Elise played "Go Tell Aunt Rhody", and she did a GREAT job! All the teachers and parents that I passed on my way back to my seat after playing piano for her RAVED about how great she did. It's been so much fun teaching her- she practically begs to practice every day.

No comments: