
I just finished the first book in the Fablehaven series. I HIGHLY recommend it. Reminiscent of the way I felt when first reading Harry Potter, the book was very hard to put down. I'm definitely looking forward to the two sequels. I've started reading it to Rob in the car on our way to WA state. More details on our trip are forthcoming!
Rob and I just finished Book 3... the Grip of the Shadow Plague. Mull is great at holding back key points of the storyline to keep you interested. When he reveals more "history", I always feel like another piece of the puzzle is added. Very fun and intriguing storyline. These are fantasy books geared toward Young Adults, but I think almost anyone would be enthralled by them. He also incorporates a lot of "values" and choices in the books for the characters. And they're fun for Young Adult reading groups- he has discussion questions in the back of each book. I'm still HIGHLY recommending them! It keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for Book 4- April 2009, I've heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment