Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!


The kids and I went to visit Grandma Michelle right after school yesterday. She had a special treat bag for each of them. So we trick or treated and took a couple of pictures out in her yard. Then Kaleb, Elise, and Isaak went with their mom and we finished getting Macy ready while trying to watch our scratched version of "Haunted Mansion."
Kaleb = Ninja

Elise = Witch

Isaak = Ninja Turtle

Macy = Snow Princess

Tessa = Monkey

Rob and Macy and Tessa and I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made a wonderful stew that we enjoyed with salad and genuine San Francisco sourdough bread that Mom brought back from her trip this week. She was out there representing UTA at a convention.

Rob made a really cool Knight costume. I thought his helmet made him look like the black knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, so I was determined that we should watch it after the kids went to bed. Luckily Ethan had it for us to borrow, and Rob picked it up on his way home. Rob kept quoting the Black Knight to people as we trick-or-treated with Macy. It was fun. I found a Snow Queen costume just like Macy's and she was thrilled. I was happy it was on sale. Costumes are so ridiculously priced, especially for how poorly some of them are made! No wonder my parents always made ours from scratch.Mom and Dad watched Tessa for about an hour while we went out with Macy. At first she didn't want to go. She hasn't been feeling very well the last couple of days. I convinced her to go to just a couple of houses. After seeing the Great Pumpkin at our neighbor's house, and visiting another friend, Macy said, "Mom, I want to go trick-or-treating now." So we went to a neighborhood with some friends in it and went down three streets. Then Macy said, "Ok Mom, I'm done trick-or-treating now." Her bucket was about half full and she was content. We went back to my parents' house for a few minutes before Michelle called to tell us the kids were ready to come home. It was a fun night for all. The rest of the kids had pretty full buckets. I'm not particularly looking forward to the massive candy consumption over the next few days. But kids will be kids, so sugar high here we come!

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

Love it!!! The kids look like they had a lot of fun!

Kristi said...

Tessa is smiling so cute in her costume! I'm so jealous of the fall leaves! Gorgeous!!!!!

Amy said...

So much fun! I love your dress, you look gorgeous!