Friday, May 15, 2009

In the Car & On the Beach

We told the kids to get in the car so we could go for a drive. I suggested that we play the "License Plate" game... see how many different states we could see and write them down. We sang a few songs and looked for plates, and after a couple of hours we started to hear a chorus of I'm-Hungry's coming from the back of the van. So we drove-thru for dinner at Wendy's. About a half hour later, Isaak said, "Can we go home now?" and I said, "Well, we were thinking about driving to California. But if you want to go home, I guess that's ok too." And they all yelled, "No! Let's go to California! Can we go to Disneyland while we're there?" The jig was up.
This is the gorgeous sunset as seen from the freeway in Meadow, Utah.
Everyone did pretty well on the drive down. Oh. Except Tessa. I thought driving at night would be better because she would sleep. Well, she got it in her head that the carseat was NOT the place for sleeping, so I ended up holding her and nursing her... (shhhh... Don't tell!!) So, Robert was right - driving during the day would have been better. :) 
Robert wanted to go to the beach, but I didn't pack swimsuits. So Uncle James (my 26 year old uncle) and Aunt Heather bought all the kids new swimsuits. It was very sweet of them. They suggested we go to Laguna Beach and even let us borrow their portable GPS unit. (That is now the #1 toy on Robert's wishlist...)

Hmmm... what is this crunchy, grainy stuff? Not good for eating, that's for sure!




The water was a bit chilly, but the kids didn't care - they had a great time anyway!
We practically had this side of the beach to ourselves! (Definitely hard to find a parking spot, though.)


All my kids - a-playin in the water.

No comments: