Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas & Such

We had a Nativity play at my mom's house a few days before Christmas. Starring: Kaleb as Joseph, Elise as Mary, Isaak as the Wise Man, Macy as the Angel, and Tessa as Baby Jesus. Everyone but Tessa & Nick (who was sick) and I also went caroling to some widowed ladies around town. I'm grateful to my mother for her example of service to me & my children.

This was the pic with the least glowy eyes on both of these girls! 
I guess it's their spirits' shining through.

We always knew Isaak was wise!


This really cute ornament came from two of my students, Mary & William. Each snowman has one of our names on it!





The girls got to see Santa after my concert with the new Herriman Community Orchestra. It was our first performance and we played parts of the Messiah, as well as a great arrangement of Away in a Manger by a local composer. Then we accompanied the audience as they sang-a-long to carols. "Twas the Night Before Christmas" was read, and Santa appeared. It was fun. The boys were having a rough night, so they didn't see Santa.

Elise got an Easy Bake Oven from us for her birthday. I had one when I was her age and I loved it! This is her first creation. I hear it was divine...

Gigi & Papa gave the kids sleeping bags and pillows for Christmas. Here is Macy modeling hers.

She got to open her Christmas presents from us before she left for Minnesota. I guess she was pretty happy. I made all the kids a mini scrapbook, and those were a big hit. 

Isaak got lots of tractors and trucks for his birthday and Christmas. 
Talk about a little boys' heaven! 

He especially loved the remote control tractor from Uncle Nick & Aunt Jen.

Presents from Santa! I covered them with a blanket when I woke up so the kids wouldn't see them right away. We invited Michelle to come over after breakfast to watch the kids open presents, so we had to wait for her to arrive. Good thing she made it through the huge snowstorm we had that morning! We went to my parents house around lunchtime, stayed 2 hours, and had to have the driveway shoveled again before we could leave. I think we got 6-8 inches that day!

Kaleb got an xbox game... Sonic the Hedghog.

Elise got a color explosion art board. It lights up your drawing when you're done - really cool!

Isaak got a blurry dumptruck! Just kidding - it's only the picture that's blurry. Doh!

Excited, happy children! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments: