Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bath Time


Tessa has decided that she LOVES bath time. The first time my mom tried to bathe her in this little tub she screamed her head off. So, I started just washing her hair by sticking her head under the running faucet in the sink, and using a washcloth for the rest of her body. However, this has become more difficult as our sweet little girl is getting bigger by the day. I'm guessing she must weigh at least 12 lbs by now, and is stretching out of her newborn sleepers already! Man, time flies.

So, about a week ago I decided to try the baby tub again. I set it in the big bathtub and filled it completely with nice, warm water, and laid my little Tess in the cradle. At first she flung out both arms and legs as her startle reflex kicked in, and she furrowed her brow in her trademark perplexed look. But there was no screaming, and she started to relax. She was even happy and content, as evidenced by the following pics. Isn't she cute??
Emily & her kids came over the other day to deliver some baby gear for us to borrow. As you can see, Tess has made good use of and is grateful for the swing. Me too! It's perfect for when I'm teaching. Thanks again Em!
Tonight Rob and I were in our room, and Rob was holding Tess. She started to fuss a little bit and Rob said, "All in favor of Tessa being grumpy, say 'I'!", and immediately little Tessa raised her arm! LOL Rob and I giggled and she gave us an adorable grin. I asked Rob, "Did you do that?" Cause his hand was behind her, and he could have pushed her arm up, but he said, "No! She did it." lol How funny is that?

So, then Rob felt the urge to blow raspberries on her tummy, and as he turned his head to look at her, she spit up and it unfortunately projectiled right all over Rob's face, including into his mouth. And, lest you think I'm unfairly laughing at the expense of my husband, I had to change a blow out poopy diaper about 20 minutes later. It was a true blow out. I guess turn about is fair play, and Rob got to laugh at me too.

I've included a few more recent pics of our little pumpkin for you to enjoy. The cute little booties are courtesy of "great"-uncle James & aunt Heather! Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

She is so chunky! So so so cute! Good work!