Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh Baby!


My mom and sisters (Janelle and Jen) threw a Baby Shower for us at Mom's house on Saturday. It was fun to have lots of family and friends there. We missed those of you that couldn't come! I have such great people in my life and I'm grateful for all of your love and the blessings you bring to our family.

I got to introduce everyone, and then we had yummy muffins, cinnamon rolls and fruit for brunch. Then I opened gifts. My family's not big on silly shower games, which I'm grateful for- they're just silly if you ask me. :) But we still had a good time, and we're grateful to have so many new things for when Tess is born.




We're so excited for Tessa to join our family. I'm thinking my blogging is going to slow down in the next couple of weeks- only have 4 weeks to go! (Cross your fingers that she'll be here in two weeks, ok?) So, I knew I'd better post as much as I can before she's born. I'm having a really hard time sleeping at night. The night before last was awful- could NOT sleep to save my life. I woke up Robert, poor guy and he tried rubbing my legs and telling me stories and talking me through relaxation, but nothing worked. I think I finally fell asleep around 2:00 am.

Last night was better, but I had some weird dreams. Tess was super wiggly right before I went to sleep- I could feel either an arm or a leg and she was really working it. So, I woke up around 1:30 and in the dream I could feel her entire arm, including hand. I was either shaking her hand or holding it and I could hear her thoughts. So I asked her if she was ready to leave the land of the Fairies and join us in this world, and she said she was. Lol Guess my subconscious knows she's coming soon!


Rob and I wanted to take pictures of us with the belly, so here they are. Whose belly is bigger? My friend Stacy, who is going to be our doula when Tessa is born, did a cast of my belly after the shower on Saturday. I'll spare you the pictures of that, but when I get it decorated I'll post a pic - it will be so cute. :)

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

Sorry I missed it. Lisa said it was great. She said the weather was beautiful too...it is still a little too hot here.

Courtney said...

The picture of you and Rob reminds me of a shot I saw of Angelina Jolie at the premier of Kung Fu Panda - very pregnant, matching tummies with Jack Black who was sticking his out. Often in pictures she seems to be stoic or contemplative but this one she was laughing at Jack Black and his faux pregnancy belly. This made me laugh to see the two of you doing it as well.

Hope the next few weeks go well for you!

Kristi said...

Yay for showers and gifts and bellies! You look great. I love the name you guys have picked. We're still working on our names. Nothing decided for sure yet. I guess it could come anytime! Hopefully I'll get you see you on the other side of this pregnancy. It's weird to think about how much time we spent together back in the singles' ward and now we are having babies at the same time and haven't seen a bit of each other the whole time! :o(