Friday, April 8, 2011

Why We Homeschool

reading has become a favorite pasttime, instead of a struggle and a chore
music is embraced and enjoyed

Violin posture practice

Musical Notes - Isaak's game
Music Theory cards - Macy's game
Kaleb - Tempo markings, Fast to Slow

girls learning to take care of the house


The girls found this recipe and made it all by themselves


Lego Tower of Bagel (Babel)



Experiment - draw with a marker on paper towel, then dip it in a cup of water - The girls thought of this themselves

Daddy reading to Tessa

fun with painting
practicing for the Talent Show
Millionaire's Hoedown
After the Talent Show
Cowgirl Model Pose
(Elise's idea)
Daddy's b-day presents
Hamster, dog, bird
Elise made Daddy a pencil holder, with a fuzzball guy
And a cute little kitten
Isaak made a bird's nest with this cute little guy living in it


Kaleb made Daddy a bombling
Kaleb's Native American button blanket design

Our map wall

Kaleb's Pueblo house, not painted
Kaleb's painted adobe dwelling, with ladder that fell apart :)
Macy drew a picture of the Salt Lake Temple
Tessa's colorful Foot Chart for violin practice
Counting to 10 with the abacus
Learning about Egypt's origins, evolution and culture

Isaak's favorite state is WA, because Gma and Gpa P live there

Elise's original Brunelleschi dome design

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love seeing all the amazing things your family is doing. I really respect and admire homeschoolers. It's what I dream of doing with my kids, but I don't know if I will have what it takes! You are an amazing mom! Keep up the awesome work!

Courtney said...

What reasons prompted you to home-school? Do you find it challenging to teach so many age and skill ranges? The talent show looks like a hit!