Monday, April 19, 2010

To Be Thankful

This is something I should be working on. I'm not thankful enough. I know that there are MULTITUDES of things in my life for which I should be thankful.

Thankfully, I have many good examples of gratitude in my life. Here is one of the newest examples. Robert and I met this sweet lady when we were at the Oral Surgeon's office for the follow-up on his wisdom teeth removal. Robert was helping the secretary behind the desk with a computer issue while we waited, and the other lady that was waiting asked him a question about her blog. I can't remember what the issue was, and I'm guessing she got it fixed. She gave me her blog address, and of course I stuck it in my purse and sort of forgot about it.

About a month ago I found the scrap of paper with her blog address on it, and decided to check it out. You should check it out too! She has many fun topics that she posts on, but the theme of her blog is "10 Things that Made me Happy this Week."

I decided to become a follower, and then found out that she was compiling a giveaway basket to a lucky follower, to be chosen by random as soon as she hit a certain number of followers. Luckily enough, I was chosen! My basket arrived today, and it was a wonderful surprise.

So, here are 10 Things that Made me Happy Last Week:
#1 - The weather was nice almost every day!
#2 - I did yoga every morning.
#3 - My children were mostly good.
#4 - I took my vitamins, which helped me to be more calm, patient and productive!
#5 - Robert got some sorely needed yard work done.
#6 - I cleaned both of the cars out on Saturday.
#7 - We got to go on a date Sat. night!
#8 - I read a really good book - (Speaker for the Dead)
#9 - We paid off the first credit card in our debt snowball!
#10 - I received a basket of goodies from a complete stranger!

Thank you so much, Michelle, for sharing your recipes, ideas, hints, and especially gratitude with all of us in bloggerland! And thank you for my exciting goodie basket! When I opened it, the wonderful smell of pure vanilla bean permeated my whole living room! I can't to make vanilla sugar with it tomorrow. And I'm excited for all the other fun things as well! It was just the sort of pick-me-up that I needed. What a wonderful, sweet, generous lady.

2 comments:

michelle's 10 things said...

Thank-you so much for all the kind things that you said. (I hoped you were not creeped out that I brought the basket by. It was a pain to mail.)
No, I still don't know how to organize my blog. *U* (I have written down the first 3 steps to put pictures on.) Thank-you for following. I had fun reading some of your blog.

Evans Family said...

What a great surprise! I have been thinking lately about how grateful I am for my many blessings.

Speaker for the Dead is a great book. Have you read any of the others in the Ender series? (I liked them as well) I really like Orson Scott Card. Just finished Pastwatch, it was wonderful too!

Hope all is well with you guys. Sounds like you are very busy!
Love you!!