Friday, June 6, 2008

Preschool x 2

Macy has enjoyed involving Isaak in preschool lessons. I think it's fun for her to have someone to learn with. And Isaak is having fun too. It's a little hard for him to concentrate, as so far he hasn't had too much i his life that required concentration. I'm trying to teach him how to write his own name, and he's doing much better with tracing letters. We do various worksheets that I print from the internet, and read books, and talk about letters and words. We're doing a little bit of math stuff too. I think they both like having someone to play with all day, but of course there are the typical sibling skiffs every now and then.

We've learned about "A" and "B" so far. Next week it's "C". I'm using some curriculum from here, and also here. It's nice not to have to put too much brainpower into what we're learning- all the work is done for me!
One more thing we did was to re-write the words to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"... here's our version.
"The Wacky Tacky Spider climbed up the big old tree.
Down came the sun and made him hot and tired.
Out came the sprinkler and cooled the spider off,
And the Wacky Tacky Spider climbed up the tree again."

No comments: