Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gardening

My parents were kind enough to allow us a little spot of land to grow a garden in this summer. It has been a fun and good learning experience so far. The day we planted the seeds, the kids drew these signs to put in the garden. They illustrate the different plants we are trying to grow. We laminated and placed these signs in our garden by each row, but unfortunately the elements got to them and they are not as pretty anymore. Thank goodness for cameras!
Planting Day!
Time to pull the weeds and water...
And here are the first fruits of our labor! We have also had quite a few snap peas, but I forgot to "snap" their picture...
Mmm.... ToMAAAAAAtoes!!!! Cilantro,
Green Onions and Carrots
I love how much more flavor things have when they come straight from the garden! Oh yeah - we've been tending my great-grandparents raspberry patch as well, and it is yielding some fruit! I can't wait to help mom make raspberry jam this fall! :)
Thanks, Mom & Dad for sharing your field of dreams with us!

1 comment:

Evans Family said...

I love gardens! So fun to watch things grow.