Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October Occupations...

We almost look like the anti-thesis of the Addams Family in this picture. (Can you see Kaleb in his black costume against the black backdrop? Just barely...) We had lots of fun at the city Halloween Festival on Oct. 17th. Below are pictures from the costume contest.
MJ, The Corpse Bride & Her Victim (I mean, Victor!), and Aurora
Screaming Poodle (love this pic! hee hee!)
Kaleb is the scary Phantom w/ glowy eyes
Mini Corpse Bride, Fairy Elise, and Death the Graduate (?huh?)
Isaak the Knight and Macy the Punk Rocker
Our recital was on Oct. 23rd. We put Elise's hair in curlers and it was so springy curly and cute. Elise played "Somewhere Out There", and Macy played "Part of Your World". It was a pop music theme - all the students played something from a movie, and we all dressed up.
The girls and I got to see the Utah Symphony's Halloween Hijinks concert. A few of my students went as well. It was tons of fun and I hope we can go again next year!

Trick or Treating with Dad at the home of The Great Pumpkin. Mom and Tessa stayed home cause Mom was sick.
It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

At Gma & Gpa's house, Trick or Treating. Don't know why they're not smiling. :)
Also, Kaleb finally got his Bear award at Pack Meeting this month. He earned it before his birthday, but there have been changes going on in scouts and it's been hectic. I've been put in as a Webelos leader, so I get to help with Kaleb's den meetings now. He really enjoys scouting.

And, oh yes, Macy lost her first tooth this month - around the beginning of the month. She was so excited that the tooth fairy brought her "One dollar and ten cents." (Elise counted it. It was really one dollar.) However, apparently Elise also spilled the beans to Macy and Isaak that Dad is really the tooth fairy. Oh well.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great costumes! I almost didn't recognize you. Your kids are so adorable. How fun that you dressed up for the recital. SO fun!

Tricia said...

Your costumes were awesome!