Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park

Run Children! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
Just kidding... this isn't a scene from "Jurassic Park"...

Monday July 6th I decided to take the kids up to the dinosaur park in Ogden. It was a long drive, and good to do once, but I wasn't super impressed with it. We had a good time, but it was super hot. We had lunch right when we got there, and then we walked around the park.

nice action shot - Macy cartwheeling (straighten your legs, girl!) :)

prehistoric dolphin
fake volcano
I told all the kids they could choose a dinosaur to have their picture taken by. I should have written their names down, so we know what they're called. Oh well.

We forgot to choose a dino for Tessa.
Next they found some silly boards to stick their faces in for pictures.
I & M
K & E
All of us on the trail
This cave was real - and SOOOO cool inside. We wanted to stay there forever cause it felt soooo good.
Another fun picture place. Including an extra child. This was right by the playground, which was the kids' favorite part of the dino park.
Tessa begged me to let her swing. But once I pushed her she changed her mind.
Many fun things to climb on

Isn't that the coolest slide? It's HUGE.

Back inside the "museum" there is a display with these mechanical dinos. As you can see, the young T-rex would like to have a couple of baby Triceratops for breakfast.
I wished that Robert had been able to go with us. They have a very cool rock/mineral/gem display on the upper floor of the museum that he would have loved. So I tried to take a couple of pictures, but then my batteries died.

So, it was a fun adventure, and now we can say that we have been there! (And the kids can't say I never take them anywhere fun! I have photographic evidence!)

No comments: